
Grand Hotel Palace
About the hotel
The luxurious hotel was built in 1925 by Gino Clerici and decorated by the illustrious architect Marcello Piacentini in the 1920s, according to the Roman Renaissance architectural style. At that time, it was known as the "Palace of the Ambassadors" because it was built to accommodate diplomats from the nearby embassies. The design of the building is reminiscent of bohemian street cafés, and it is a remarkable example of Roman Modernism with a touch of French Art Deco.
The exclusive restaurant of the hotel, the Cadorin Restaurant & Lounge Bar, created in 1926 by the Venetian artist Guido Cadorin, is another artistic relic decorated with extraordinary frescoes. Protected by the Fine Arts, these frescoes depict Roman high society in the 1920s.
In October 2010, the Grand Hotel Palace reopened to the public after major renovation work, giving it a wholly new light where the present and the artistic past merge in a perfectly balanced stylistic continuum.






